Thursday, February 07, 2008

Tool Palette Order and Grouping: Round 2

In typical fashion, I was so in depth in writing a previous post on tool palette order and grouping, I seem to have left out a crucial bit of info. Several individuals have written me as of late asking why this doesn't seem to work for them after having followed all steps correctly.

In my mind I was thinking that in this particular instance the palettes would have been created, stored and accessed from a mapped local network drive. However if the palettes have been created, stored and accessed from a local drive that is not accessible to other systems, they will not have access to the same palettes. So, if you are working off a local drive, simply copy the tool palettes from the source computer to the same location on the test computer, then copy the profile.aws into place and you should be good to go.

Hopefully this will help clarify things!

No comments: