Friday, April 20, 2007

What a week

My goodness that was a long week. I'm going to have to take some time to digest it all, but I can at the very least give a quick wrap up on some of the big ticket items.
  • Annotative scaling for AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture (ACA) and AutoCAD MEP (AMEP).
  • IFC 2x3 compliancy for ACA and AMEP along with the Revit based products is now built into the software package.
  • Display settings are now available on the Properties palette for editing (my personal favorite)
  • VIZ 2008 inherited all the sweet mental ray goodies from MAX 9.
I have a feeling that I will be leaning towards more info on Design Visualization in the future and how AutoCAD, ACA, AMEP, Revit, AutoCAD Civil 3D and Inventor work together with VIZ and MAX. It always been something I've wanted to get into on a deeper level and now I finally am in a position to do so.

1 comment:

J said...

S,
I was visiting my old ADT (Now AAC) users and they say the Annotative scaling is just as much a big pain in the ass as the old multiple text styles at each scale due to the fact it needs to be continually moved...some people are never happy i guess??? Food for thought about the difference between dreams and reality perhaps...
-J