Additional AEC software-specific updates include:
- Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012 enables users to create material appearance libraries to help standardize materials across projects and improve collaboration within the project team. Visualization enhancements give users the ability to display edges with more realistic views and shadows in consistent colors mode.
- Autodesk Revit Structure 2012 offers analytical model enhancements to help users create and manage the structural analytical model, enabling greater control and better consistency with the structural physical model. Reinforcement enhancements help users more easily define and visualize concrete reinforcement.
- Autodesk Revit MEP 2012 now enables users create custom systems, assign systems to ducts/pipes without requiring them to be connected to equipment, assign color and linetype by system without filters, as well as see total electrical load, air flow or pipe flow at any point within the system. New placeholders give users the ability to create conceptual level single line ducts and pipes early in the design process, and later convert them to 3D geometry.
- Autodesk Navisworks 2012 accelerates BIM project review through integration, analysis, and communication enhancements. File interoperability improvements help boost productivity by supporting workflows between the latest enhancements in Autodesk Revit products and third-party applications. New user interface and API (application programming interface) for the Timeliner tool provide greater control and flexibility when working with 4D simulations. New multi-sheet 2D DWF support enables users to open, review and explore 2D data sets alongside 3D models.
- The 2012 AutoCAD Family adds a more robust set of 3D modeling tools that enable improved surfacing and conceptual design functionality, expanded point cloud support and direct access to the AutoCAD WS application via the AutoCAD user interface to enable users to view, edit and share DWG drawings through a web browser or mobile device. Other enhancements provide faster start times, faster commands and overall improved product performance, and a premium graphics and visual experience. Product specific updates include:
- AutoCAD Architecture 2012 now offers faster startup and drawing load times for more immediate access to tools and large drawing navigation. A new corner windows capability makes it easy to add a single window in the corner intersection of two walls.
- AutoCAD MEP 2012 offers enhanced native productivity and utilities tools that make it easier to access dynamic and interactive 3D modeling for building system design. New Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) support from within AutoCAD MEP helps users manage and share data with others throughout the design process.
- AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2012 now offers the ability to display solid objects on structural drawings that include items typically supported by a steel structure. Users now also have the ability to present reinforcement and reinforced concrete element geometry in 3D views.
Post a Comment